Medical Assistant for Laboratory
Hematology Oncology Associates of the Palm Beaches, Palms West Office
Loxahatchee, FL, 33470
Salary: $17 - $19 /hourly
Job Type: Full time.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (8:00AM - 4:30PM). 8 hour shift.
Seeking a Medical Assistant that is okay working in the lab, and not having interaction with patients. ASCP MLT certified preferably.
- Performs laboratory tests, including quality control on blood using both automated analyzers and manual methods.
- Evaluates the validity of all test results obtained which ensures accurate and precise reporting of patient test results for the diagnosis.
- Confirmation and treatment of various clinical conditions and diseases.
- Performs maintenance on laboratory equipment as established by the manufacturer or as needed.
- Performs computer functions assigned to the Laboratory Technician security level.
- Performs computer downtime procedures.
- Assists in the training of new staff as directed.
- Assists in maintaining department supplies.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of equipment and cleanliness of laboratory.
- Participates in proficiency testing as required by current federal laws.
- Performs send-out and compliance procedures as needed.
- Maintains compliance in the laboratory.
Licenses, Certification and/or Registrations:
Must hold a current Florida Technician or Technologist license in the respective specialty(ies) or have an authorization letter from the State of Florida to work in the respective areas for which licensure is sought. ASCP MLT certified preferably.
Clinical Chemistry Technologist, Hematology Technologist, Microbiology Technician, Immunohematology Technologist
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.