San Jose, CA, 95125 (Willow Glen Area)
Ready2Nurse is a startup home health agency filled with potential! The founder is not only an experienced Stanford trained Family Nurse Practitioner but also has a mission to energize the traditional home health approach! Our care plan is designed to be disease specific and supports healthy aging to promote longevity and improve quality of life.
- Intake and review referrals to determine if patients meet Medicare eligibility for home health services
- Input referral information into EHR system, including orders, patient's demographics and medical course of treatment
- Confirm visits completed per clinician for the previous week for documenting frequency
- Review weekly schedules from each clinician for the following week to provide patient reminders
- Be knowledgeable of patient documentation and requirements for discharges and recertification
- Identify payer information and verify home health coverage
- Communicate with physicians to follow up regarding certification for home health servicesas required
- Relay information regarding orders and services to patients/families
- Ensure any hospitalizations and transfer documentation is inputted by clinicians
- Assist with scheduling and maintaining clinicians' calendars to provide appropriate care
- Follow up with hospital or facility case managers and/or social workers to ensure that patients appropriately transition with home health orders when discharged
- Obtain and maintain required home health authorizations as needed
- Place orders for supplies including DMEs as needed
- Maintain the on-call calendar on a monthly basis
- Collects and maintains statistical data on all referrals and admissions, and reports information daily, weekly, monthly, and as requested
- Assist with billing documentation, online transmittal, and follow up on pending claims with Medicare and commercial payers
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Be tech-savvy with experience in Microsoft suite of products, insurance online portals, referral online portals, and EHR systems
- Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines. Must prioritize work effectively and be acceptably productive.
- Requires a pleasant and cheerful demeanor and an attitude of helpfulness while encountering stressful situations. Will be required to effectively and efficiently carry out the duties of this position.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette and ability to establish rapport with diverse patients and families. Answer telephone lines promptly and efficiently. Respond to message content appropriately; disseminates information to the appropriate persons
- Participate in agency's quality improvement program
- Interact collaboratively with all team members
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and agency information at all times
- Must be attentive to detail and be able to follow standard procedures
- Be able to work independently on a broad variety of projects
- Preferably candidate has obtained AA degree or higher (bachelor's preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of working in medical office, facility, or hospital
- Must pass a criminal background check
Compensation & Benefits
- Be a part of a team making a meaningful, positive impact for others! We truly value and appreciate the effort and compassion our team members put forth to care for others.
- Compensation ranges from $15.00 to $20.00 per hour
- Immediate need for full-time position
- Options for remote work for portion of shift
- Continuing education and job training
- All full time positions provides health, dental and vision benefits, 401k plan, and paid vacations.
Job type: Full-time
Compensation ranges from $15.00 to $20.00 per hour
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.